Why Go See Ratatouille?
If you had asked me in January what one movie I was looking forward to this year, I may have thought about it for a minute, but there's no doubt the answer would be Ratatouille. Some people have asked why that is, so here's my reasons:
- It looks funny, exciting, and really tasty.
- It's about a rat who becomes the greatest chef in Paris. I mean, how does that work?
- It's a Pixar movie. Their track record of amazing (or at least very good) films includes Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Cars.
- It's written and directed by Brad Bird, the guy who wrote and directed The Incredibles, one of the best movies of the last five years.
- Even the critics like it, much like many Pixar movies before this one.
- Finally, just watch this movie trailer. Use the one below or watch it in better quality:
Doesn't it look beautiful (and even on YouTube)?
I'm a Pixar fanatic because I love quality animated movies, so that's all I really need to get me there. If you live in the neighborhood, I'm going to see it tonight (Saturday night), so give me a call if you want to join us. It should be a great time.